BLUE RIDGE BROADCASTING
WMIT 106.9 and WFGW 106.7 OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- Contests can and will be played on air at random times during the WMIT and WFGW broadcast day. The mechanics of the contests, if any, (i.e. providing the correct answer to a particular question, etc.) will be explained by the announcer at the start of the contest. The announcer will then relay the criteria of selecting the contestant (examples, nth caller, first caller with the correct answer, random selection from Text messages, etc.). Odds of winning are based on number of participants. For contests requiring a specific answer/information, odds are based on the number of people participating who possess the correct answer.
- All on-air contests, including but not limited to telephone call-ins, on 106.9 and 106.7 The Light are designed for participants who listen to the traditional FM radio broadcast. Due to technical limitations with audio streaming that cause time-delays in the audio stream, there could be an adverse effect on an internet listeners’ chances of winning a contest.
- Other contests may be run on any of the company’s social media channels (ex. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) or at events. The mechanics of these contests will be listed within the social media post or mentioned/listed at the event. Odds are the same as those listed in paragraph one.
- The winner will be the contestant meeting the designated criteria as outlined in paragraph one. Blue Ridge Broadcasting – WMIT 106.9 and WFGW 106.7 The Light’s determination of said winner is final.
- Unless notified differently by the station, all non-cash prizes will be mailed to the winner’s address, as relayed to the Blue Ridge Broadcasting employee, within five working days upon winning. Blue Ridge Broadcasting is not responsible for delays and receipt of prizes, nor obligated to replace any lost, stolen, or damaged prize caused by the United States mail system or other mail carrier. All cash prizes, prizes with a value in excess of $599 and/or prizes requiring tax or any other legal paperwork, can be picked up at the Blue Ridge Broadcasting – WMIT 106.9 and WFGW 106.7 studios anytime beginning the next business day. All local, state and federal taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. The winner forfeits all prizes not claimed within thirty days. Winners may be required to sign a release.
- Proper photo identification of winners may be requested by Blue Ridge Broadcasting – WMIT 106.9 and WFGW 106.7. Proper identification includes driver’s license, passport, military ID or school ID.
- Blue Ridge Broadcasting – WMIT 106.9 and WFGW 106.7 is not responsible for technical failures such as but not limited to telephone system failures and Internet failures.
- Unless otherwise specified in the explanation of the mechanics of the contest, all ages are eligible to enter contests. All Blue Ridge Broadcasting – WMIT 106.9 and WFGW 106.7 contests are open to all U. S. WMIT 106.9 and WFGW 106.7 listeners
- Blue Ridge Broadcasting – WMIT 106.9 and WFGW 106.7 may, due to the unavailability of prizes awarded, substitute another prize of equal or greater value for the prize originally won. Blue Ridge Broadcasting – WMIT 106.9 and WFGW 106.7 will not be responsible or held liable for prizes awarded to an event that is cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control.
- Blue Ridge Broadcasting – WMIT 106.9 and WFGW 106.7 reserves the right to revoke prizes if the winner does not meet any and all eligibility requirements even though an announcement may have been made indicating that person was the winner.
- Blue Ridge Broadcasting – WMIT 106.9 and WFGW 106.7, its agencies and representatives shall not be liable for any claim, injury or damage from any Blue Ridge Broadcasting – WMIT 106.9 and WFGW 106.7 contest or prize awarded in a contest.
- No cash equivalents of prizes can be allowed. Blue Ridge Broadcasting shall have no liability in connection with the use or misuse of a prize by its winner. All contest entries become the property of Blue Ridge Broadcasting – WMIT 106.9 and WFGW 106.7.
- Blue Ridge Broadcasting – WMIT 106.9 and WFGW 106.7 may withhold any current contest entry level materials for any reason station management deems critical to the completion of the contest or for reasons relating to publicity and/or advertising.
- Unless otherwise stated, multiple entries by the same person will be disregarded and be deemed cause for disqualification.
Employees of Blue Ridge Broadcasting, Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, suppliers of contest prizes and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate.
- By participating in a contest, Blue Ridge Broadcasting – WMIT 106.9 and WFGW 106.7 has the unconditional permission of any caller to use their voice and/or likeness on-air and/or in station advertising without further compensation.
- Please note that your cell phone carrier’s standard messaging and data rates may apply when using Text messaging for a contest.
- In the case that a contest-specific rule conflicts with these general contest rules, the contest-specific rules shall apply.
- A legal officer of Blue Ridge Broadcasting – WMIT 106.9 and WFGW 106.7, whose decisions and interpretations shall be final, will make all decisions in regard to and interpretation of these official rules.
- A copy of these rules is available for inspection during regular business hours at the Blue Ridge Broadcasting – WMIT 106.9 and WFGW 106.7, 3 Porters Cove Road, Asheville, NC 28805. Requests for copies to be sent via fax can be made at 1-800-330-9648 during regular business hours.